Monday, January 31, 2011

Finally!

I have been thinking and talking about starting a blog for years. To be perfectly honest, there is no good excuse for not having started it before. One issue that has waylaid me for much of the time was the question of focus. What exactly would my blog be about? I have several interests - any of which might capture my creative interest at the time of writing. What would I call it? I wanted to have something catchy. And why would anyone read it? Well - that always remains the question, doesn't it?

So - here it is. I will not narrow the focus to one - instead I will speak to many - theology, politics, scripture, current events, parenting, the daily lectionary, life in Seattle, marriage (or the lack of ability to), white privilege, books, writing, church, movies, food, the British Royal Family....

The title comes from the tag line of a personal ad that I placed 11 or so years ago that caught the attention of my now husband - A Gay Christian is not an Oxymoron. As I reflected on it, I realized that there are many seemingly oxymorons in my life - and likely in all of our lives. Those, too, will be shared herein.

I will attempt to write daily and will attempt to make it fairly interesting. There will be no guarantees of grammar. I will guarantee to be authentic to the moment and topic.

So welcome to the start of a new journey. Sojourn with me awhile or just for today - that is for you to decide.

3 comments: