Friday, March 11, 2011

help me to be with them God...

We learned this morning of an incredible tragedy struck in Japan of which we do not yet fully know the ultimate horrors.

And this Sunday, I have the sacred honor of being with a congregation whose pastor died this morning much too young, much too young. His death may not stand against the cataclysms of Japan - and yet it is still a cataclysm to many.

And my heart is already heavy in grief...for Marcus' wife, Laurie...and sons, Henry and Reuben...and for the people he journeyed with these past 15 years...the people of Burton Community Church. It is with these people that I will be this Sunday, God. Shine through me that I may allow You to grieve with them. Let me be a conduit of Your grace and love. Let me help them to express their grief and anger.

Help me to be with them God...as they most need me to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment